- In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then add to pan, skin side down. Cook until browned on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to pan; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in rice, cumin and saffron; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reserve and set aside 1/4 cup of the roasted peppers. Add remaining roasted peppers, tomatoes, wine and broth to pan, scraping up any browned bits. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add peas and asparagus to pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until heated through and chicken is longer pink (165°F). Sprinkle with reserved roasted peppers, and serve.
- Return chicken to pan, arranging carefully on top of rice mixture. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid evaporates and rice is tender.
View all nutritional information
Calories 608, Calories Fat 166, Total Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 86mg, Sodium 592mg, Carbohydrate 62g, Protein 39g
|Calories (fat) extra||27|
|Total Fat (extra)||29|
|Saturated Fat (extra)||20|
|Vitamin A (extra)||54|
|Vitamin C (extra)||78|