Johnsonville Grilled Italian Sausage
- In a small non-stick skillet cook and stir almonds for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Stir in raisins and remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Return to medium-low heat, cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved, 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine red and green peppers and onion wedges. Drizzle with Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil; toss gently to coat.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill sausages and vegetables uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes until sausages are firm, no longer pink inside and juices run clear (180 degrees F),and vegetables are tender, turning at least once halfway through grilling.
- While sausages and vegetables are grilling, brush slices of polenta with Italian dressing and grill about 2 minutes on each side allowing enough time for the slices to become toasted and golden.
- Return the grilled vegetables to the large bowl, add the almond mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the sausages on a large platter with the grilled polenta and the sweet and sour peppers.