Chia's Lentil Taco Bites
- Invite kids to help sort and rinse the lentils in a fine mesh colander.
- Bring 7 cups of water to a rolling boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, add the lentils. Let the pot return to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid. Allow the lentils to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every 4 or so minutes.
- After 15 or so minutes of cooking, add the taco seasoning and stir until mixed in.
- After 5 more minutes, taste the lentils to test the texture. The lentils should be tender. If not yet tender, add once more cup of water and cook until the lentils absorb the water. Repeat until lentils are a desired texture.
- Once lentils are cooked, remove from heat. Invite kids to place about one tablespoon of the lentils per 'Scoop' chip and top with desired ingredients. Refrigerate any uneaten lentils and toppings and discard after 4 days.