- Give your burgers a sweet and spicy kick—smoky and tangy too—with pineapple rings, habanero-flecked cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce.
- MAKE IT
- HEAT grill to medium heat.
- SHAPE ground beef into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160°F), brushing with barbecue sauce for the last few minutes.
- TOP burgers with cheese; grill 1 min. or until melted. Meanwhile, add pineapple rings and buns, cut sides down, to grill; cook 1 to 2 min. or until buns are lightly toasted. Remove buns from grill. Turn pineapple; grill an additional 1 to 2 min. or until heated through.
- FILL buns with cheeseburgers, pineapple, bacon and lettuce.
- SERVING SUGGESTION For added color and texture, serve with cut-up fresh vegetables and a piece of your favorite fresh fruit to round out the meal.
- SUBSTITUTE Prepare using thin fresh pineapple rings.
- KEEPING IT SAFE Always wash hands after handling raw meat. Never place cooked food on the same platter used for raw food - use a clean platter instead. Discard any leftover barbecue sauce that has been in contact with raw meat, fish or poultry.