- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet with a neutral oil such as canola or vegetable, using a paper towel or brush to ensure it coats all of the surface. Arrange the wing pieces across the sheet. They can be close but shouldn't be piled upon one another.
- Dust both sides of each wing piece with cajun seasoning.
- Place sheet in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Cook until golden brown, and until the wings release easily from the baking sheet. Turn the pieces over and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp.
- In the final 10 minutes of preparation, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add additional seasoning, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce, whisking as you go. Transfer prepared sauce to a shallow bowl.
- Once wings are finished baking, add them to the sauce and toss them to ensure a generous coating. Place in a large platter or bowl and cover with green onion if desired. Serve immediately.