- For the Maple Butter, beat ½ cup room temperature Challenge Butter until light and fluffy then beat in ¼ cup maple syrup.
- For the Bread Pudding: combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in eggs, milk and vanilla. Add bread cubes, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes (leave overnight if desired) to allow bread to soak up liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend ¼ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon; combine with chopped apple. Stir apples into bread cube mix.
- Butter the sides of a 9x5-inch loaf pan (or other 6-cup baking mold), then melt 3 Tablespoons Challenge Butter in the pan in the preheating oven – watch carefully! Remove pan and evenly sprinkle ¼ cup brown sugar and nuts over melted butter.
- Add apple/ bread cube mix to the pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until top is browned and firm to touch.
- Unmold pudding, slice and serve with dollop of Maple Butter.
- Note: Recipe can be doubled and baked in a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Source: Challenge Home Economist
View all nutritional information
Calories 433, Calories Fat 193, Total Fat 21.4g, Saturated Fat 10.5g, Cholesterol 184 mg, Sodium 534 mg, Carbohydrate 52g, Protein 9.9g