June is Dairy Month
Nutrient Rich Dairy Foods
With nine essential nutrients, dairy foods can be part of any healthy, balanced meal plan. Since dairy contributes so many nutrients in our diet, June is celebrated as Dairy Month. Whether you prefer to enjoy cow’s milk, yogurt or cheese, three servings of dairy foods throughout each day are part of a healthy balanced diet.
dairy for all
With so many nutrients, why would someone not enjoy dairy?!? There are often many misconceptions with dairy and consumers are surprised to learn that milk is one of the MOST regulated food products.
With so many nutrients, delicious flavor, and a wholesome safe product, enjoying dairy can be part of a healthy balanced diet. This month, and all year round, ‘eat, drink, and be dairy!
Dairy Myths and Facts
Recipe from Midwest Dairy
Fruit and pasta toss
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta uncooked
- 1.5 cups cantaloupe cubed, about ½ of cantaloupe
- 1.5 cups pineapple cubed, about ½ of pineapple
- 1.25 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1.5 cups vanilla yogurt
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare fruit and place in large serving bowl. Once pasta has cooled, add to bowl. Gently mix yogurt into pasta mixture. Chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator before serving.
If you have specific dairy questions, please email us at LivingWell@spartannash.com and we will get the answer for you!